2 acorn squash
1 large leek, sliced into thin half-moons
2 oz parsley, chopped
1 package frozen roasted red peppers, deseeded and chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
EVOO, S & P
1. First, bake the halved and scooped out acorn squashes face-down in a 400 degree oven. It helps if you spread a very thin layer of EVOO on the baking dish before placing the squash halves down. The baking should take about half an hour until they are tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat a little EVOO in a pan to saute the filling ingredients. Start with the leeks and a sprinkle of salt. After a few minutes, add the garlic. Then the parsley and peppers, mixing thoroughly.
3. Remove from heat, add the crumbled feta, salt and pepper to taste.
4. When the squashes are tender, fill them with the vegetable and cheese mixture. If you have extra, mound it on top!
5. Return the squashes to the oven for 5-10 minutes until heated through. Serve with a spoon!